Sunday 11 October 2015

Log of Island Spirit – Gibraltar Update

Sunday 11th October 2015

Sitting alongside at La Linea contemplating a wet Sunday afternoon as the Lavante clouds cluster and thicken around the rock and sporadic rain casts a sullen lethargy over the marina’s nomadic inhabitants.

My mains’l is still with the sailmakers undergoing repairs and I’m filling in the time doing odd jobs around the boat and making ready for a few short leisurely passages over to Morocco and up the Spanish coast.

I’ve also resumed work on my latest novel, The Incomer, with a view to finishing the first draft by Christmas. I hope to be ready for publication by April, when I sail for the Canaries. Getting back into the writing groove has been slow and difficult, achieved only after severe self-bullying, but now I’m back on track I feel my motivation returning, and am excited once more about how the story is developing. Followers of the serialised version can expect a big surprise in the way the story develops, and how the first part will be entirely refocussed after the re-write.

Well, that’s all for now, lovely readers. I’ll leave you with some pictures.
The View from Island Spirit's Saloon
Friend and Boat-neighbour Shaun joins me for Morning Tea
Gibraltar as seen by the Gated Ex-pat Community at Alcaidesa

Click here to read the next episode, La Linea to Lanzarote


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to add your comments here